Re: How to configure the realplayer so that it can see the .rm files?

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:58:02AM +0800, James Ng Yuen Sum wrote:

The file is downloaded by BitTorrent in windows, and in the windows RealOne player is the player to play the file, it works ok in RealOne in Windows XP, perhaps i am missing some plugins, or have a wrong configuration that i do not know.

I don't know about RealONE player like Paul Johnson said, but Realplayer8 is available at

http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html

You might have to convert the rpm into a deb with "alien". I've also seen people posting some unofficial debian repositories with realplayer so that you can get it with apt-get. I don't remember what they are right now.. maybe someone else can clarify(Its something like marillat.free.fr or something....)

I think with some more digging you *might* be able to find RealONE for linux (AFAIK, it's in that alpha state right now....)

Good Luck,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop