Re: nfs is very slow

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Gilles Missonnier wrote:

> Just to ask people to answer to the list about any NFS hints !
>
> because we have at our site
> bad ferformances too
> [ not that bad : 10 MBytes/sec on fast Athlon MP with giga-ethernet :
> we could expect much more, since ftp/rcp put more than 30 MBytes/sec ]
>
> thanks

You've perhaps already considered this, but running NFS exports with the
'sync' option can degrade performance to below that of ftp/rcp. Not saying
that 'async' is preferable (I do not, at present, use it in our system),
but that it may explain discrepancies to performance on other transfer
methods.

--
Erik Rask, systems administrator @ AB Strakt
"There is no normal life. There's just life. So get on with it."