Re: NVIDIA - shared memory identifier

 Hi Alexandru,

 you wrote :
> my debian box running kernel 2.4.21 with a NVIDIA GeForece2MX TwinView card
> and XFree86 4.3.0
> won't start X after the installation of the nvidia driver

 1) if you use proprietary driver from nvidia, complain to them.
     i think there is also a non-proprietary driver in debian.
 2) provide sufficient information if you want us to be able to help.
     at least post the whole XFREE86 log
     depending on what that says, more info may be needed,
      like versions of packages on your system

 hope this helps,

 Siward