Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful

> From ats@acm.org Thu Aug  7 11:15:39 2003
>

> Alan Connor <alanconnor@earthlink.net> writes:
>
> > But the widespread use of CR systems would eliminate spam from the face of
> > the earth.
>
> What do you do about spam that goes to mailing list?
>
> --
> Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
> The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe

Ignore it. I don't control the server so I can't really do anything about
it.

I am not going to waste my time trying to write arcane filter scripts that
are just as likely to dump posts I want to see as spam.

If they used a CR system there, there wouldn't be a problem.
Mail that came without a the correct password (unique to each individual)
it would be dumped.

Procmail egreps the body when told to with the B command, and all list-
subscribers would have to do is include that password in the body (not
the sig, probably).

When mail came from an address, procmail would make sure it had the
right password in the body.

Childsplay. Literally.

Alan C.

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.