Re: Challenge-response mail filters considered harmful

> From ay986@chebucto.ns.ca Wed Aug  6 12:22:35 2003

<OT material snipped>

I just worked the last bugs out of the expire script for MSP.

It goes in cron.daily and checks all the password/address combos for
Challenge-Responses that were issued more than 48 hours in the past, and
for which a reply has not been received.

If it finds one, it deletes that mail from the gzipped quarantine mbox file
and deletes the password/address combo form the temporary section of the
passlist.

The CR part of MSP is now fully-automated. If I get no response to a
Challenge-Response, I don't even need to know that mail came in the first place.

Just sent out 53 copies of the script, and will be posting it on the website
later today.

Party Time! No more harassing mails and no more spam -- EVER.

Alan

--
      For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program.
         See: http://tinyurl.com/inpd  for the scripts and docs.