Re: charset in debian mutt

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:35:18AM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> Ok, I looked carefully at the appropriate debian readme; I made sure
> my locales were set (used debconf-reconfigure locales), put the
> appropriate export line in my ~/.bashrc. But mutt still says it's
> using 7-bit US aSCII instead of iso8859-1. Oh yes, and I did log in
> again after changing my .bashrc.So what am I missing?

Hi Cheryl,

what is the output of locale -a ? i have a similar problem, wherein i
have added new locales but they don't show up using locale -a. i
posted a message about this a few days ago and was told that there is
a bug in glibc 2.3.1. perhaps that is what is affecting you as well.

sridhar

PS. Please fix the line width in your editor.