Re: Getting a Zip Drive to Work

Nope - depends on the kind of zip drive. ATAPI zip is seen as /dev/hd*
unless you use ide-scsi to explicitly reassign it.

To the OP:
There may be an easier way to do this, but the way I do it with my ATAPI
(IDE) zip drive is to look in /proc/ide/hd*/model:

perrin:~# cat /proc/ide/hdd/model
IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI

that will tell you which device it is.  Alternatively, if you load
ide-scsi and sr_mod, you can use scsicheck to find it.

Cheers,
Andy Perrin

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu