Re: Re : Order ide drivers are loaded?
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 03:22:48 +0200
Siward <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Joan,
> you wrote :
> > ... linux won't boot any more
> > because for example /dev/hde has been moved to /dev/hdf
> perhaps try an argument to kernel , like 'root=/dev/hdf' ,
> in your lilo.config or on commandline when booting ?
> hope this helps,
Not long ago I had a similar situation, and here are the work notes (which were posted in the mailing list somewhere):
Changing woody from hdb to hda howto.
Final Version (with Grub)
1. Boot with the installation CD (any should work, I used #1).
2. Press F3 for information about possibilities (may be skipped?)
3. type rescue root=/dev/hda1
4. type in password for root, remount to write as indicated.
5. Change /etc/fstab to reflect hda instead of hdb.
6. Run grub-install /dev/hda
7. Run update-grub.
8. Edit /boot/grub/menu.1st as needed.
11. Contribute to the community.
If you use lilo instead of grub, make the following substitutions:
5. Edit /etc/lilo.conf to indicate the change.
6. Run lilo to update your system.