Re: Telnet Access as root

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 15:08, vinz wrote:
> Why can I not access my linux server as the root?

Because it is brain dead to do that. Clear Text Passwords... plus it
allows someone to try direct hacking into a machine with a "absolutely
known" account.

Bare minimum would be SSH for ROOT. But even then I am Dennis Leary.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Your moist towelette speaks to me in leather as the disgruntled post man
listens attentively in Yiddish while pumping the iron pumpkin of the
mini-van.