Re: what is libmcrypt.la ?

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 15:42:51 -0700, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> He is looking for libmcrypt.a but what is there is
> libmcrypt.la which comes from package libmcrypt4
> (testing). First time I hear of the .la extension.
> What is it?

As it says on its first line: "# libmcrypt.la - a libtool library file".

.la files contain information used when linking libraries or binaries using
libtool.

HTH,
Ray
--
No longer will we mistake music for a noun, as its containers have tempted
us to do for a century. We will realize once more that music is a verb, a