Re: Telnet Access as root

"vinz" <vince@webonline.co.za> writes:

> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html

(Please don't post to mailing lists using HTML; set your mailer to
send plain text only.)

> Why can I not access my linux server as the root?

It's easier to tell who did what, and is slightly more secure (in a
security-through-obscurity sort of way), if you always log into your
machine as a normal user and use 'su' to become root.  I notice the
word 'telnet' in your subject line, though; you really shouldn't send
passwords, especially your machine's root password, across the network
in cleartext, as telnet does.  Use ssh instead.

	-- Abra Mitchell