Maildir -- purging old messages

I have a spam folder.  I check it once in a while for false positives
(rarely found).

I'd like to run a cron job that would clean out messages older than a
15 days.

Any harm in doing something like:

   rm `find ~/Maildir/.spam -type f -mtime 15`

or maybe better to pipe find to xargs

   find ~/Maildir/.spam -type f -mtime 15 -print0 | xargs -null rm -f

Each folder has three subdirectories: cur, new, and tmp. Plus there's a
courierimapuiddb file.  Messages look like this in "new":

and like this in "cur":

If the above find removes the courierimapuiddb will that cause any

I'm not quite sure I understand when messages are moved from "new" to

Bill Moseley