Re: Identifying spamhosts

> on Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 09:46:28PM +0100, Patrick Kirk (patrick@kirks.net) wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to put together a web data base to allow people identify
> > which machines are the primary routes of spam into our Inboxes.

get the ip# of the spammer and  check it against the existing rbls or
your own private rbl

> > Does anyone have a useful link?  Spamcop seem to have a fine list but I
> > don't really plan on spending $1000 right now.

if you're looking for free lists of "spam ip#" and emails of spammers
to disallow them access to your systems

	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/RBL

	- there's about 100 RBLs to pick from
	- some of them give you a list of ip# .. others give a list of
	email addy of the spammer to specifically deny

- antispam policy should be done at the router and mta ...
	- procmail methods are too late, you've already received the
	spam and they have confirmed your addy as valid for more spams

c ya
alvin