Re: RealTex 8139 Problem -- Dmesg output

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 15:54, Andreas Janssen wrote:
> Hello
>
> Robert Tilley (<tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com>) wrote:
>
> > I am including the entire output from dmesg in the hopes of
> > successfully being able to use my NIC.  The relevant portions are
> > highlighted.
>
> > I am unable to use my D-Link RTL-8139 with any of kernel 2.4.19,
> > 2.4.21, or 2.6.0-test2 despite the Network Device explicitly being set
> > to RTL-8139 with
> > make menuconfig.  Dmesg reports that my NIC is found and the 8139too
> > driver
> > loaded.  But any attempt to load a web page resultcs in "Address not
> > found". Even a simple ping of 192.168.1.1 (address of my Linksys
> > router) results in Address Not Found.
>
> Is your card correctly configured in /etc/interfaces?

What's /etc/interfaces?

Do you mean /etc/network/interfaces?  A copy of that file, plus
the output of:
$ grep 8139 /boot/config-2.4.XX
  and:
$ /sbin/ifconfig

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |