Re: Locale setting problem

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 10:52:26AM -0400, Sridhar Srinivasan wrote:
> i get messages about generating the new locales. my problem is that these
> new locales do not appear when i try locale -a.

They won't.

> can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Sure.  You're not reading bug #166979.  The locale command doesn't know
anything about locale-archive files, and that's what gets created by
default these days.

To get a true picture of what locales you have built, use both 'locale -a'
and 'localedef --list-archive'.

Supposedly glibc 2.3.2 enhances the locale binary.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Pandora's Rule: Never open a box you didn't close.
 msw@cox.net |