Re: Partition sharing

On Sun, August 03 at  8:25 AM EDT
alex <radsky@ncia.net> wrote:

>I have four Linux systems (two Debians) installed with all sharing a
>single swap and a /home partition. (Don't ask why......it's just
>because they were available..... but everything seems to work fine.)

Cool it only makes sense to reuse swap space.

>Question--what advantage or disadvantage would there be if multiple
>Linux systems shared additional partitions such as /temp, /usr,
>/var,......?  Is this even practical?
>
>alex

If you mean /tmp not /temp then I guess that is "sharable" without
problems - I assume you have 4 different distros on one local box - not
mounting drives from other machines, right?  I would stay away from /usr
and /var as too many programs use them and if you install a program with
distro specifc items you will definitely run into problems.  I am sure
someone will post specific problems for you :0

My two cents,

Shawn Lamson
shawn.lamson@verizon.net