bad hardware clock correction

I'm using Debian inside Bochs. Bochs does not have support for setting the
(Bochs' internal) hardware clock's time and is "upset" if you try to.
Also, for some reason, Debian in Bochs things time time is going by at
about three times the real speed.

So, of course I'd like to fix this as simply as possible. I've looked at
various ntp packages in Debian and it seems that they all want to set the
hardware clock as well as the software clock... Does anyone know a way of
getting one of the ntp packages to set the software clock without setting
the hardware clock? Is there any way to compensate for this drift in the
software clock only (maybe using adjtimex)?

     Drew Daniels