Re: X11 RENDER support

On 31 Jul 2003 15:01:44 -0400
Mental Patient <mental@neverlight.com> wrote:

> Hello. I'm running a current version of sid.

	[ snip ]

> The X version is 4.3

X 4.3 is not in sid.  Did you compile it yourself?  Did you install it
from one of the unofficial sources at apt-get.com?  If the former,
you may wanna talk to the xfree86 folks; if the latter, then them plus
whoever put the package together.  Since it's not even in sid yet,
xfree86 4.3 is not "officially" supported by Debian, so far as I know
(someone please correct me if wrong).

> My gtk applications all
> (for the most part) emit the same warnings:
> Gdk-WARNING **: The X server advertises that RENDER support is present,
> but fails to supply the necessary pixmap support.  In
> other words, it is buggy.
>

> I've tried commenting/uncommenting the Load Xrender line out of
> XF86Config-4 with not changes.

So you're saying that if you comment out Xrender, thus turning off
get those messages?  What do your XF86Config-4 and /var/log/XFree86.0.log
(including the messages from X server startup) look like?

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)