Re: php4 and apache

it's true, you have to do it by hand indeed. a dialog like

if it is by purpose, it would be wise to warn the user
dialog --msgbox "Warning: you still need to edit /etc/apache/httpd.conf to \
	enable php4" 6 $COLUMNS

but when you look at it, it can potentially be a small security hole, or just
a bad surprise:  say i install a new machine, copy my old home directory from
a cd, or nfs mount it, then 'apt-get install apache php4' and leave it as is.
my php source files in ~/public_html would then be accessible to everyone ...

piem