Re: more install problems

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:56:21PM +0100, Richard Lyons wrote:
<snip>

> I suppose my only alternative route now is to start again with the
> standard version and ext2 partitions.  I thought the ext3 was worth
> having on a laptop, where there is an extra risk of needing to unplug
> the power when it refuses to close down.  I have had to do that once
> already, when a process refused to complete and left me unable to
> shut down, or even switch off!

you can convert an ext2 partition to an ext3 partition using a single
command. These links from google provide more information.

http://www.linuxcompatible.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=134

http://lugwash.washtenaw.cc.mi.us/linux-users/200111/0062.html

So you can start with the standard woody kernel and get your network
card running, after which you can download a new kernel with builtin
support for your network card and ext3 and then convert your ext2
partitions to ext3.

sridhar