Re: more install problems

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 11:16, Antony Gelberg wrote:
[...]
> You need the kernel header files.  Try apt-cache search
> kernel-headers and grab the one that goes with your kernel.

It may sound stupid, but I have no idea which kernel Debian has
installed.  "bf24" tells me it is 2.4.x, but I don't know what x is.
I expect there is a way to find out - can anyone help me here?

> They'll go in /usr/src/<somedir>, create the symlink between that
> and /usr/src/linux.
>
> > RPMS?  sounds like RH??
>
> Yes.  Now I'm confused.

I can only assume that "initializing" the partition did not in fact
delete everything.  I did try a Mandrake install when I was getting
nowhere with drivers for the NIC on Debian.  (At least Mandrake did
recognise the card...).  Anyway, the drake is all gone, and I suppose
I can rmdir that little remnant.

--
richard