Re: apt-get -d is cool, but now to install them

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 11:07:15AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> Alas, after a lot of apt-get -d's during the previous connection, the
> only way to use apt-get (not dpkg) to then install them seems to be:
> set -- `find /var/cache/apt/archives -name \*.deb -cmin -60 -print|
> sed 's@.*/@@;s/_.*//'`; apt-get install $@

How did you decide what to download in the first place?

I seem to remember a related thread that I can't find in the archives at
the moment; I don't know if it was related to this one or not :-(

IIRC, the idea was to apt-get -d upgrade to check what was to be installed
before installing it. Then the problem was to install those, without
picking up any more that might have arrived in the meantime. So

apt-get --no-download upgrade

should do it.

Or I could have completely missed the point :-)

Richard