Re: debconf wonky

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 04:25:13PM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2003 16:19, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Debconf is giving me yes / no options with no questions!  Anyone got
> > any ideas on what could be wrong?  I see some error messages about
> > templates fly by, but they're gone before I can read them.
>
> Hi Antony
>
> Is this limited to only one package? Do you know which?
> To read the error messages, try to press SHIFT+PgUP to scroll back in
> the terminal.
> This is not a solution, but a possible way to it...
>
> joerg

They're all good questions.  :)  It's only happening with X.

brain:/home/antgel# dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
debconf: Unknown template field '_description', in stanza #1 of
/var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xfree86.templates

It's backport city, I'm afraid...

# XFree4.3
deb http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/xfree86/i386/ ./
deb http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/freetype/i386/ ./