Re: Activating ACPI supend and ACPI Hibernate in klaptop

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:24:05 -0500
Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anybody knows how to do this?
>
> I've learned in the net that, for example in Mandrake 9.1 you have to
> install a package with some scripts (i.e. for suspend
> suspend-scripts), and that latter you can invoke them from
> /usr/bin/pmsuspend... again, this in mandrake.
>
> In klaptop there is the configure acpi option, and then it ask for you
> to enter the comands "your system uses for 'standby' (temporary
> sleep), 'suspend' (suspend-to-RAM) and 'hibernate'
> (supend-to-disk)"...
>
> Anybody knows how to do this in debian?
>
> Thanks

AFAIK all you need is the necessary kernel drivers and the acpid
package. Everything should work then.
(I don't really know if acpi is available in the stock kernels, since
it's marked experimental in 2.4.2x)

greets,
Wim

--
Only two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe, and I'm
not sure about the latter. -- Albert Einstein