Newbie needs install help....

Hello all,

 What are the chances of someone chatting with me on this installation
that I am trying to perform. My original questions were concerning the
partitioning of my hard drives. I actually got beyond that and thought
that I had the installation working, when all of a sudden, it just froze
on me.

 I want to have Debian on this box, but I am getting a little put off
and I don't want to scrap it and move on. I want to get it installed.

I have started the installation over and I would like some help.

I can do AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, or whatever.

Thanks in advance...

Thinker