Re: Using dd to copy a disk.

> From ron.l.johnson@cox.net Mon Jul 28 16:24:31 2003
>

> On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 17:22, Alan Connor wrote:
> /var, /etc and /usr/bin, things can get sticky regarding symlinks.
>
> If there's a little shell script that can handle multiple symlink
> redirection, I'm not smart enough to think of it...

Well. I'd start by using find to list all the symlinks that pointed to
another device

find /dir -type l  > file

then I'd run ls -l on all of them to make a more useful list

while read line ; do ls -l $line >> newfile ; done < file

(yes, I know you can do both of those ops with find, but I really haven't
much practice with advanced find)

Now use grep to pick out the ones that point off-device

then rm those with the same basic syntax as above , use sed to write new
links, both from the newlist...

and write the new ones with the same syntax as above.

I really need some sleep right now, but this is not a hard script.

Alan

--
       For Linux/Bash users: Eliminate spam from your life
       with the Mailbox-Sentry-Program. See the thread