Re: Using dd to copy a disk.

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 15:32, Alan Connor wrote:
> > From moseley@hank.org Mon Jul 28 13:31:19 2003
> >

> Use cp -a . Dd is just a dumb parrot and knows nothing about filesystems.

One thing to watch about, though, is that symlinks will remain pointing
back to the original "real" file, even though the "real" file has
also been copied to the dest drive.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |