Re: apache-ssl or libapache-mod-ssl?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 05:12:13PM +0200, Alexander Meyer wrote:
> hi list,
>
> i'm running a webserver for a client who wants to add an online payment
> system to his webshop so i have to deploy a ssl-enabled webserver on the
> same machine. the question is now if i would upgrade the already running
> apache with mod-ssl or rather install an independent ssl-enabled apache.
> i would feel slightliy better with the two-independent-packages approach
> but i could be missing something. could anyone experienced with this
> tell me about some pros and cons i might have forgot to consider?

I asked very much the same question a few weeks ago, and ended up
going with the two-independent-servers approach because somebody on
this list indicated it was simpler to set up. I have no experience
with mod-ssl whatsoever, but I *did* find that adding an independent
apache-ssl server worked pretty nearly "straight out of the box".
I guess the main drawback of this method would be increased resource
overhead.

	HTH