two video cards

Hi all.

I have a strange problem with my machine. I have an old 4megs agp card and a
pci voodoo 3dfx. I can set X to boot on my pci with no problem at all,
by specifying in XFConfig-4

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Voodoo3"
        VendorName      "3dfx"
        Driver          "tdfx"
        BusID           "PCI:0:10:0"
EndSection

I guess i can also have two screen running, but for now I would like to be
able to remove my old agp card, and get my tty working !

If i boot without the agp, lilo come back to the menu right after the Bios
check (2 lines output). Changing my bios to boot the pci video card first, it
does not seem to have any effect. I even tried booting from a debian
netinstall cd (2.4.18 xfs), but lilo behave in the same way.

So I can boot with both, but not with pci first, otherwise lilo crashes. ttys
start on the agp screen, then disappear while X is being started on the pci
one. If i try switching to any of them, my keyboard and my pci screen freeze
(sometimes with a crazy blinking tty, sometimes with a colorful still X arty
picture). When i switch x off, it seems the ttys come back in place on the
agp screen.

Any idea ?

Thanx, piem.