reiser kernel support?

I just installed the woody version of reiserfsprogs onto my woody system.
Afterward,

	mkreiserfs /devhdc1

seemed to have created the file system OK (but suspiciously quickly
for a 120G partition), but when I tried to mount it I was informed that

	mount: fs type reiser not supported by kernel

Now I presume that this means that I have failed to install reiser support
for the kernel -- but mkreiserfs did not seem to have any relevand
dependencies.  Just what *do* I have to install to get the necessary
kernel support?

-- hendrik (pseudonym hashi)