Re: Black screen with XFree86 on laptop

I too have had some initial problems with Neomagic chips, but have not
used the 2160.
Anyway, someone got the 2160 working fine here:
http://www.ps.uci.edu/~tomba/inspiron/xfree-bsd.txt
Also, the Inspiron 3200 page has an XF86Config and other goodies:
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/jcb35/linux/i3200.html#x
Hope these links help,
Damien

--