Re: PDF viewing and such

Aaron wrote:

> I am wondering what everyone here uses to view PDF files in Linux
> these days? I do use text2pdf for instances where I only care about
> the textual content, but copying the PDF to OS X or Windows to view it
> in Reader is getting cumbersome. Recommendations?

There are several packages available to view PDF documents, among them
xpdf, gs, kghostview and Adobe's Acrobat Reader. The last one is not
available as an official package, but there is a package available from
marillat.free.fr. Add

deb http://marillat.free.fr stable main

to your sources.list to get it.

I normally use Acrobat Reader, because the other programs sometimes have
problems displaying certain documents.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--