Re: Blackdown Java Install Issue

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 10:31, Ed Lawson wrote:
> Just went to install the 1.4 Java debs from Blackdown
> for my unstable box.  When doing so I get a message
> requiring that I accpt the Sun license, but there seems
> to be no way to do this and certainly cannot click on any
> options as sugested.  This hangs the install.
>
> Anyone else encountered this problem?  Solutions?

If you are using apt-get, it is a "more/less" of the license. Hit the
"space bar" a few times and then "q". Then you can answer the question.
And it proceeds.

One thing, before you install Java JRE1.4 you might need to make a
symbolic link in:

/usr/lib/

ln -s mozilla mozilla-cvs

And that should allow it to install.

Also I have a "compiled with gcc3.2" deb source so it Works with Mozilla
1.4 in Sid:

deb http://jopa.studentenweb.org/debian ./

Hope that helps!