Re: paper size

on Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:46:53PM +0100, Mark C insinuated:
> On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 19:00, nori heikkinen wrote:
>
> > checked all of them, and they're all set to letter ... just exported
> > the PAPERSIZE env variable to letter, and still no dice.
> >
> > am i missing something?
>
> letter ;)
>
> Seriously, I had a very similar problem, I had set everything up to use
> A4 (UK), and then setup cups, in every gnome print option, the A4 option
> vanished and left me with letter.
> In the end I tracked it down to the drivers I was using with cups (gimp
> print), I used the New Cups HP drivers and A4 magically popped backup.
>
> I know its not the same, but It may be worth checking the drivers the
> printer is using
> (but at the same time I may be wrong, as printing is one of my very,very
> weak points).

yeah, but that's not even the issue -- i don't get as far as even
printing it out.  in fact, until yesterday, i didn't have networked
printing configured correctly, so i was printing to ps, sending the
files to a friend, and having him print them for me -- and it was in
the ps files themselves that i was noticing the paper size.  a
particular document, if printed on a4, is 16 pages, and if on letter,
it's 19 pages.  i only have to look at the command-line output of the
enscript command to see what the paper size was.

recap of what i know:

i have had libpaper1.  my /etc/papersize is set to letter, as is my
$PAPERSIZE environment variable.  `paperconf` == letter.
/usr/sbin/paperconfig just modifies /etc/papersize, which is already
letter.

what else is there left to do??

thanks again,

</nori>