Re: RedHat more debian like?

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 00:32, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:20:11PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Since there's still only(?) GPL s/w in RH9, and they give it away
> > for free from FTP, why complain?
>
> Mostly because their distro feels sloppy and more of a means to make a
> buck rather than the end in itself as Debian and other non-profit
> maintained distros feel.  And as we've seen, people who distribute
> Linux for profit aren't necissarily our friend.

RH employs many kernel, GNOME and PostgreSQL hackers.  I'm sure
it's hackers work on other projects, too.  They are imperfect, but
without them, free software wouldn't be in the technical shape it's
in today.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |