Re: Creating a patched binary package

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 22:17, Paul Worrall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wish to create and install a patched version of fetchmail.  I would
> like to take the source package plus the patch file and produce my own
> binary package. What is the best way to do this?
>
> --
> Paul

You may try apt-get source, patch the source and then do a
dpkg-buildpackage in the top source directory which will create a deb
package.
Don't have any experience  with patched sources though.
You can try looking a little more at apt-get source since I don't have
much experience with it.
You will need to add source lines to etc/apt/sources.list.