Re: make-kpkg fails on changelog with wrong name after patch - SOLVED

Op do 24-07-2003, om 16:58 schreef Mark C:
> I have now managed to solve it, it seems a bit weird way, but it works,
> and I've tried it around 6 times now
> (after each time rm -rf kernel-source-2.4.18).
>
> 1. extract kernel-source
> 2. copy over .config to kernel-source top level directory
> 3. make-kpkg --added-patches=grsecurity_2_4
> 4. hit CTRL-C after the patch has been applied to stop it.
> 5. make-kpkg clean
> 6. make-kpkg --append-to-version=-686-grsec-1.9.4 --initrd kernel-image
>
> I have read the man pages from top > bottom and this seems the only other
> way to get it to work.
>
> Mark

You can also use patch -p1 path_to_path in the /usr/src/linux directory
to apply the patch and then use steps 5 & 6.
That's what i did to apply the debian-logo patch. It also didn't work
when using the --added-patches switch so i had to apply the patch
manually via the patch command. That worked like a charm.

Benedict