Re: NFS Problem

Bart Lenoir wrote:
Hi,

I'm running an NFS server on Red Hat.
Connected to the Red Hat I have a Debian which I want to use as an NFS client.
Ping, Ftp, Telnet, ... all seems fine.
Mount and Umount is working well, however
I don't have access to the selected directory.
"Permission denied". The only way I can have
access to this directory is to set Red Hat /etc/exports to (rw,sync,no_root_squash). Logging in as root on Debian I'm having access but that is not what I want. Why do I get Permission refused as regular user?

On another Red Hat I do have access as regular user.

rpcinfo -p on Debian

# rpcinfo -p
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp    867  status
    100024    1   tcp    870  status
    391002    1   tcp  32768  sgi_fam
    391002    2   tcp  32768  sgi_fam
    100021    1   udp  32769  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp  32769  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp  32769  nlockmgr

Thanks,
Bart

I think nfs requires u have same user id on both the system if u want to have full rights (very dangerous I think)

so u need to change /etc/passwd to have same user id. Redhat starts user id from 500 while Debian starts from 1000, I did manually changed the user id to have nfs access.

--
Zhao YouBing, Ph.D student
State Key Lab of CAD&CG,Zhejiang University,