Re: Graphic boot...

Vittorio wrote:

I've tailored my 2.4.20 kernel quitting the boxed 2.4.18-bf24. Now at
boot time I don't have that nice graphical penguin and a graphical
display any longer as with the previous kernel.

How could I set lilo (or the kernel?) to have that penguin at boot
time?

Ciao
Vittorio

Easiest way to do this is to copy the config file from the bf24 kernel to /usr/src/linux/.config, then make oldconfig before you start configuring your new kernel. That way you get all the options that were set in the bf24 kernel, and can start turning off the ones you don't need.

Just leave everything alone that has to do with framebuffer, console, video etc and it should just work (that's what I did, and it worked for me).

--
Cheers,

  .~.
  /V\