netselect-apt: how to avoid dead debian sources ???

NOTE: I tried to send this email to Avery Pennarun
<apenwarr@worldvisions.ca> earlier; but, I received these errors:

<apenwarr@worldvisions.ca>
    (reason: 553 5.3.5 system config error)

553 5.3.5 worldvisions.ca. config error: mail loops back to me (MX
problem?)
554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

###########################

Periodically, I have been using netselect-apt to optimize dselect
update.

For sometime now, it gives me this:

   deb http://mirror.direct.ca/linux/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib non-free

Unfortunately, since last night, this server is ping-able, but, in all
other respects, it is *DEAD* to the world -- even according to
<http://mirror.debian.org/mirror.direct.ca.html>.

Even tonight, while the sight is ping-able, it is useless for
apt/dselect.

How can I use netselect-apt to select, perhaps, the top three (3) sites
in each category?

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,