Kernel recompile

Hi all,

Just recompiled my kernel to make it a little leaner, and add ACPI and
ALSA.  Couple of minor points, not really problems.

1. I need to use the bcm5700.o module.  This isn't part of the
distribution, so I had to reboot the new kernel, rebuild the
module, and manually copy the file to /lib/modules/<new-kernel>/...  Can
I automate this process?  I have a feeling I can put the source
directory into /usr/src/modules, but I'm not sure.

2. I use initrd for a RAID module to mount /.  My initrd was created by
the Debian installer (/boot/initrd.debinstall).  The new one that was
created after the make-kpkg --initrd didn't include the module.  I've
fudged it by editing lilo.conf to use the previous initrd.  I don't
think this is a problem, as I only ever need this one module loaded in
my initrd, but what is the way to make make-kpkg build the necessary
module into the new initrd?

Antony