Re: error upgrading debconf in debian unstable - python2.2: invalid option -- O

johan <twilight-zone@mail.ru> writes:

> Hello! I have problems upgrading to debconf 1.3.4. I get the
> following error message:
>
> Setting up debconf (1.3.4) ...
> python2.2: invalid option -- O
> Try `python2.2 --help' for more information.
> dpkg: error processing debconf (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
> It's been like this for a week now, and it causes a lot of trouble
> because all packages that depends on debconf complains that debconf
> isn't configured yet.

Have you looked at the BTS?  Have you looked at debconf's postinst
script to figure out what it's trying to do, and why it's failing?
Once you've done that, it should hopefully be straightforward to tell
whether you're looking at a misconfiguration or a legitimate bug.

	-- Abra Mitchell