Playstation and firewall

I'm currently running Debian SID with the ipmasq firewall. Now, I'm trying to get the Playstation/2 network adapter running with the Linux box. The server also assigns IP addresses using dhcp. According to Sony documentation, I need to allow incoming TCP ports 10070-10080 and UCP port 10070 as well as allow incoming ICMP Echo Rep. (Whatever that means.)

Simply put, I've read stuff and I'm overwhelmed with information without the understanding. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Logan Bear