Unable to configure PS/2 Mouse in woody!

Hi all,

I installed debian woody (3.0 r0)after wiping RH7.3. Machine Celeron
900MHz, 128 MB RAM, i815e M/B ( Kobian brand ,16MB shared RAM) already
having Win98
and MDK9.1.

Installation went alright. Only X was the problem.
Error message was that unix fontpath having problem.
So I commented out the line unixfontpath :7100 in /etc/XF86Config-4
file.
Again errors, this time mouse goes unrecognised.
It is a PS2 Logitech Mouse in a PS/2 port.
It was detected without any problem in the earlier redhat and present
MDK9.1 and Win98 too.
Why it is so in debian?
Can anybody point any workaround to get X ?

N S Srikanth