Re: Kernel 2.6.0test1 Mini-HOWTO

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 3:50 pm, Micha Feigin wrote:
> The usbfs does matter if you also use usb file system on 2.4 since the
> name has been changed from usbdevfs. There is back support for the old
> name but I don't belive that forward support ;)

I do not think so. I changed /etc/fstab like this:

proc  /proc  proc  defaults  0  0
usbdevfs  /proc/bus/usb  usbdevfs   defaults  0 0
devpts  /dev/pts  devpts     mode=0620,gid=5       0 0
sysfs      /sys      sysfs   defaults       0       0
none  /proc/bus/usb  usbfs  defaults  0  0

And as I said, I printed stuff with my USB printer using 2.4.21, I downloaded
photos from my USB camera in 2.4.21 and 2.6.0... I have not tried to sync my
palm yet.