Re: First mail from my Linux

"Jianan Huang" <huangjianan1@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:<c3OI.2ls.25@gated-at.bofh.it>...
> Hi folks,
>
> This is my first mail from my first Linux
installation. It means I have got
> Debian GNU/Linux, X-Window and Mozilla all running.
I feel good. There re
> some fine tuning to be done.

<snip>

> 4) Is there a GUI for the Linux file system such as
window-xplorer for
> MS-Window?
>
> Would be good to have some answers.
>
> Cheers

You may not want to hear this, but I far prefer
Midnight Commander (mc) on a virtual console. I think
it looks better and is easier to use than a GUI file
manager. Debian has it on all versions. It comes with
an "undelete" option, although I had to install it
from tarball to get that to work. That way if you
accidentally delete something important you can
recover it with the same filemanager.

Hugo.