Re: setting window manager in Gnome 2.2 (on woody)

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 04:19, Daniel B. wrote:
> How does one change the window manager in the Gnome 2.2 backport
> for woody?  I couldn't find anything relevant in the Desktop
> Preferences.

You could check the list archives, it's an FAQ. Basically, Gnome people
say: "Window Manager" ist tech-speak and should not be user visible.
People who know that the want another wm are capable of setting it in
session properties.

Go to session properties, look for metacity and set it not to respawn.
Then in a terminal, do "killall metacity && sleep 5 && <new window
manager>&". Then gnome-session-save&