Re: [OT] SCO is going all out now

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 23:32, Brian McGroarty wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 06:25:18PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 07:03:55PM +0200, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
[snip]
> SCO has made no claims against the 2.2 kernels.
>
> If worst comes to worst and SCO finally show some incriminating code
> in 2.4, stepping back to 2.2 until the relevant bits are purged from
> 2.4 is all anyone should need to do to cover their assets in countries
> where this becomes an issue.
>
> AC maintains functional backports of all the important bits, so few PC
> Linux users should be significantly affected by an (IMHO) unlikely
> judgement in SCO's favor. If you maintain a large number of systems
> professionally with 2.4, an advance test of 2.2 might be prudent.

How does the lack of modern features (USB2.0, ieee1394, DVD, etc)
in 2.2 stack up against FreeBSD-current?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |