Making coasters

I have started experiencing some odd behavior when burning CDs.  I am running
Sid with a Debian 2.4.20 kernel (with the nVidia AGPGART patch).  I always
burn the CDs from the command line with cdrecord.  Every so often the
machine hangs during the burn process.  I have tried bruning from a gnome-
terminal and from the text console.  Sometimes a whole disc will burn OK,
other times at will hang.

The CD-RW drive is a Lite-On that I bought a few months ago and installed in
my firewall box (a Pentium Pro 200).  It always burned without a problem in
the old mahcine.  Now, for some reason this has started happening.

I should also note that I have switched over to RH whenever I need to burn
a CD, as I don't have the problem there (RH 9, 2.4.20-8 precompiled kernel).

Anyone know what is going on here?

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es