Re: mouse pointer does not show

Sebastian Kapfer wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:00:11 +0200, Kent West wrote:

[...]
The protocol and location depends on what type of mouse you have. Let us
know that detail, and we might can guide you a bit further.

Did you actually _READ_ the original mail? Marvin explicitly said the
mouse is working, just the pointer is invisible.

I'm confident that you didn't mean to sound condescending . . .   :-)

Yes; his original post said:

The mouse pointer does not show on the screen. I can say that it's been working, in the sense what if I move the mouse randomly, I can see the different buttons changing colors. But I cannot see where the mouse pointer is.

The information provided doesn't make it clear that he's doing any clicking that would change the colors of buttons, or what buttons he's referring to. What came to my mind is the same sort of thing that happens when you've got the wrong protocol specified, and you move the mouse, and menus pop up randomly or windows open as buttons get "clicked" even though you haven't clicked the mouse, etc.

You may very well be correct that what he is saying is that the _only_ problem is that the mouse pointer is invisible; you are definitely correct that he "explicitly said the mouse is working", but I was operating under the impression that he didn't say quite what he meant. I could very well be wrong about that.

Nonetheless, yes, I did "actually _READ_ the original mail". I was just wearing my "I've had this problem before with a wrong protocol"-colored glasses when I read it.

--
Kent